Weekly Roundup | 7-22
First, we’d like to congratulate to our talented friends at MediaStorm for three(!) Emmy nominations! We’re always admirers of their work over there and were excited to see the announcement. Jump over to their website and share a high five or two. Also, another huge congratulation is in order for our own Kendrick Brinson. Her Sun City work was chosen to be part of the Noorderlicht Photofestival!
LUCEO would also like to thank everyone who bought 2×2 during its pre-sale ordering. That window has closed, but you can still get a copy of the magazine featuring Daryl Peveto and Matt Slaby’s work.
Until next week, here’s our short curation of newsworthy links, social media high fives, and our favorite commenters from this hot week in July.
IN THE NEWS
- Up! Up and away! Photos of the end of an era: Check out images from Space Shuttle Atlantis
- Visura Magazine brings us Katie Orlinsky’s work from Libya
- This week’s From the Archive is by Matt Slaby
- The World’s Largest Refugee Camp on TIME’s LightBox
- Contract Negotation on dvafoto
- We’ve always been fans of the snarky and humorous Shit Photojournalists Like because it’s so spot on. Welp, LUCEO got a mention this week
- The first ever human portrait?
- In the same vein, check out Urban Dictionary’s definition of photographer on PetaPixel
- $10,000 Paid for ‘Non-Visible’ Work for Art? Hmmm…
- A conversation between Don McCullin and Eugene Richards on PDN
- Matt Slaby breaks down a video shoot he did about a homeless veterans recovery program with a team for AARP Bulletin
COMMENTS AND LINKS
Have news that you’d like us to post or tweet? Reach us on Facebook or Twitter and we’ll add your news to the queue.